Welcome Home (updated 5/28/20)
First: Welcome Mary E. Wright to our Teaching Family. And let’s redo the welcome for Christine Marinella who we brought in just before we closed!
REOPENING DATE: 5/28. Thursday! We are beyond excited to open our doors back up to our community in the most safe and mindful way. We have been so grateful for the opportunity to livestream, but it is not the same as seeing all of you in person. We have been busy preparing the studio and defining policies and procedures to keep us all safe and healthy. In doing so we have created the possibility of being able to practice again together while following the safe social distance recommendations of the CDC, the State of Florida, Broward County, and the sweet town of Wilton Manors! We understand that some of you are not ready to venture back yet and we totally understand and respect that. We will be here when you are ready!
It is VERY important that every member read our new Policies and Procedures letter below. It is our responsibility to each other, the studio and our community to follow these new guidelines and standards at Red Pearl so that we can practice together in the safest environment possible with full mindfulness, transparency and respect to one another. Our expected Policies & Procedures are also posted on our website and in the studio for future reference and reminders. So please read thru all the information here to know how to proceed once we open on Friday.
WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO REGISTER
We are opening on THURSDAY, May 28. We are starting with a modified schedule. Please check the schedule for class time and instructor changes. We have spaced classes out further apart to leave more time for cleaning and sanitizing in between classes along with less passing of other members between classes. Some classes will be added in later in June or July.(Ashtanga, for example) We are NOT accepting any walk-ins at this time and ALL members are required to sign-up on MindBody ahead of time for the class they would like to attend. The studio floor has been measured and there are tape marks on the floor for placement of mats. All mats are spaced 10ft apart measuring head to head. More details on this below. If you do not show up for the class you registered for you will be charged a $15 late cancellation fee. You have up to 4 hours before a class starts to cancel. Space is limited (10) so please be mindful so that space can go to another member if you can’t make it to class.
NOTE: Registration only extends one week ahead for each class. If it says “call” instead of “book”, that is why. Wait a day or two.for registration to open.
If you are having challenges signing up, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
or leave a voicemail at 954 828 1651 and I will get back to you and do my best to assist!
Click the link below to sign-up for your first class back with us this week AND scroll down to read our Policies & Procedures and reach out with any questions! We can’t wait to see you!
In Gratitude and Excitement,
Karen and the Red Pearl Yoga Studio Family
RED PEARL YOGA
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
The health and safety of our community is our top priority, and we ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and others safe and healthy during these unprecedented times and in dealing with Covid-19. Red Pearl is taking steps to protect our community and in addition, there are steps that each of you can take charge of your own health and wellness inside our studio. We look forward to continuing to provide a safe and healthy yoga environment to our beloved yoga community. We believe yoga is a safe and wonderful way to stay healthy. We hope that you will continue your yoga practice with us, keeping our yoga community thriving and strong.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, please stay home! Keep our community safe. Instructors will be screened and monitored daily.
2. SURFACES: Our efforts to keep our studio germ free include cleaning and sanitizing countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas every day. We will keep front door open weather permitting. We are implementing a strict cleaning procedure and will be cleaning/sanitizing all touch surfaces after each class and allowing more time between classes for this procedure. We encourage you to wash your hands before and after class.
3. SANITIZATION: We will provide hand sanitizer at the front desk and in lobby.As a courtesy we have placed a small spray bottle next to each mat. Use for your hands.(not good for mats) Please put it back on the marker to the right of mat for the next student. We suggest you wash your hands or sanitize before and after class.The kitchen area is off limits but bathroom is open.
4. BELONGINGS & PROPS: Please bring as few as possible personal belongings with you. If you leave valuables in your car,(not recommended) lock them out of sight in your trunk. When you enter the studio space, take off your shoes and follow the floor markers. All community props have been stored and are off limits until further notice. Students are required to bring their own props with them.
Props will be for sale at the studio as well.
5. WATER: Bottled water and snacks still available for purchase.
6. REGISTRATION: Students are REQUIRED to sign up for class via MindBody prior to arriving at the studio. All Payments are to be processed online thru MindBody prior to arriving. This is to protect the students as well as the staff when processing check in. No “walk ins” will be permitted. Space will be limited.
7. SIZE OF CLASSES: Classes will be sized to 50% capacity or current recommended distance(safety prevails) per the County and State Covid 19 directives. If you register for the class and then cannot make it, please go back in to MindBody and cancel at least 4 hours before class. Any no shows or last minute cancellations will be charged a $15 fee automatically or a class taken from your package. No refunds or credits.
8. PPE: You must wear your mask into the lobby, studio and until you begin the practice. Once class begins and you are on your mat, you may remove your mask in order to prevent reduced oxygen intake. ANYTIME you leave your mat(bathroom, lobby, forgot something in car, etc) you must wear your mask. Instructors/staff will wear masks until they begin teaching and take them off on their mats.
You may purchase masks at front desk. Some cute ones!
9. PLACEMENT OF MATS: Safe distancing practices are in order. Our floor is marked off to ensure that mats are placed the recommended distance apart . Please keep your mat within the taped lines. 🙂
1O. CLASS PROTOCOLS: Be mindful and practice Safe Social Distancing. Keep talking to a minimum and respect others’ space. When you enter the lobby, have mask on and stand on blue tape markers on floor(6 ft apart) . Once inside wooden doors, remove shoes and place in cabinet before you check in at desk. As usual print your name on paper sign in sheet- We clean pens and tablet after each use. Temperature will be taken at check in.
11. BATHROOMS: We recommend using the bathroom at your home/work before you come to the studio. Bathroom will be open and maintained but use at your own risk and help us in making this space as touch free and safe as possible.
12. LOST/LEFT BEHIND ARTICLES: Red Pearl is not responsible for any personal items left behind at the studio. They will be disposed of same day.
13. REFUND POLICY: All sales are final.
14. LIABILITY WAIVER: All students must sign electronically the NEW LIABILITY WAIVER POLICY via MindBody Software or in studio.
15. PARKING: We have 3 marked spots in front left “YOGA ONLY” and 7 in back- also marked for yoga. You are welcome to any other spot in back lot, but do not park in CHIROPRACTOR spaces in front right. Additional EASY parking just caddy-corner to us, at the Holy Mackerel Brewing Plaza.
Directions: Head back out toward 26th ave, make a right heading east, make a quick right into parking lot. Park in any spot closest to street (away from businesses) and have our parking decal visible. Just a one minute walk back over to us and you can leave your car there to go to the restaurants after class. Remember to move your car from our spots at the studio after class if you plan to enjoy the property/restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you!
In health, love & light,
Karen and the Red Pearl Family