Policies & Procedures- updated 6/17/21
We recommend that you wear a mask if you are NOT VACCINATED. Your health is ultimately your responsibility and we will not be asking if you are vaccinated. Spacing between mats is 6-10 ft apart. Please continue to place your mats on the markers we provide.
We have taken steps to protect our community during this pandemic, and in addition, there are steps that each of you can do to take charge of your own health and wellness inside our studio. We look forward to continuing to provide a safer and healthier yoga environment to our beloved yoga community. Yoga is a wonderful way to stay healthy. We hope that you will continue your yoga practice with us, keeping our yoga community thriving and strong.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, or loss of taste/smell, please stay home and get tested. If you are awaiting covid test result, please stay home until you have a negative report or wait 10 days from symptoms onset. No symptoms? Please wait for the negative test. Thanks for keeping each other safer!
2. FACE COVERINGS: All Classes “MASK OPTIONAL and you may now enter the building and studio without one if you are vaccinated.
3. SANITIZATION: We provide hand sanitizer in the lobby, studio and bathroom.
4. PROPS /MAT RENTAL/PERSONAL ITEMS: Place shoes in studio metal cabinet to left of our desk. Bring your own mat and strap. We are not loaning or renting at this time. You may ask your instructor for blocks and it is your responsibility to spray them with sanitizer before and after you use them. Brown glass spray bottles of sanitizer placed through out the practice area.
We have new Manduka mats/ props for sale.
5.PRE–REGISTRATION: Pre registration required for class via MindBody prior to arriving at the studio. All Payments are processed online thru their secure portal. Space is limited . NO WALK INS. We appreciate 75 min advance sign up if you can.
6. CLASS SIZE: NO WALK INS. We have limited spaces available due to our safer spacing. If you register and then cannot attend, please go back into MindBody and cancel at least 4 hours before class. Someone else may need a spot.
Any no shows or late cancellations will be subject to a $15 fee , charged for the class, or a day removed from your unlimited package. No refunds or credits.
7. CLEANING: We are cleaning and sanitizing cubbies, countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas.
8. MAT PLACEMENT: Our floor is marked to for safer mat placement. Please place your mat at the markers. We have 3 @ 10ft and the rest at 6-7ft.
9. CLASS PROTOCOLS: Continue to practice Safe Physical Distancing. Keep talking to a minimum and respect others’ space. Once inside wooden doors, remove shoes and place in cabinet to the left of desk. As usual print your name on paper sign in sheet. We clean pens and tablet after each use. Temperature may be taken at check in.
10. LOST/LEFT BEHIND ARTICLES: Not responsible for any personal items left behind at the studio. They will be donated/disposed of within a week.
12. REFUND POLICY: All package and merchandise sales final.
13. LIABILITY WAIVER: All first time students must sign electronically the NEW LIABILITY WAIVER POLICY via MindBody Software or in studio. Established students please sign a COVID paper addendum at desk.
14. PARKING: Get a parking decal from us. We have 3 marked spots in front left “YOGA ONLY” and 7 in back- also marked for yoga. Or park in any other spot in back lot, but do not park in CHIROPRACTOR ONLY spaces in front right. Additional street side parking in the grass along 13th ave. OR just caddy-corner to us, at the Holy Mackerel Brewing Plaza.
Directions to Holy Mackerel lot: Drive back out toward 26th ave, make a right heading east, make a quick right into parking lot. Park in any spot closest to street (away from businesses) and have our parking decal visible. Just a short walk back over to us and you can leave your car there to go to the restaurants after class. Remember== if you plan to enjoy the property/restaurants after class, please move your car from our spots so the next Yoga students can enjoy the easy parking you did. And support our kind neighbor Holy Mackerel with your business. Great beer and BBQ!
What else to expect during pandemic and how to sign up for class
Modified schedule. Please check MB schedule for updated daily schedule. The studio floor is measured and marked . We have spaced some classes further apart to allow time for cleaning and sanitizing in between, along with less passing of other members between classes.
We are NOT accepting any walk-ins at this time and ALL students are required to sign-up on MindBody ahead of time. Please aim for 75 minutes in advance. If you do not show up for your registered class you will be charged the class/ a $15 late cancellation fee/or a day subtracted(unlimited pkgs) . No refunds/credits. You have up to 4 hours before a class to cancel without penalty on MB. Space is limited so please cancel via MB if you can’t attend so your spot can go to another student.
NOTE: MB Registration extends one week ahead for each class. If it says “call” instead of “book”, that is why. Wait a day or two for registration to open. If a class shows as full, then please choose another day or time. NO WALK-INS.
If you are having challenges signing up, please email me email@example.com
or leave a voicemail at 954 828 1651 and I will get back to you and do my best to assist!
We can’t wait to see you!
In Gratitude and Excitement,
Karen and the Red Pearl Yoga Studio Family
General Studio Information
20 Years and Still Breathing.
We begin in 2001, in a tiny sublet space in Victoria Park. Karen G was the only teacher and became known for her accessible Ashtanga Vinyasa classes. One year later, we moved across the street. We added more teachers and Yoga styles, workshops and Teacher Trainings. expanding in 2009 to the entire top floor. 2017 we moved to Flagler Village and started the HIVE. In November of 2019 we were invited into in a unique, tranquil garden setting in Wilton Manors, at the Wilton Yard. That is where you will find us now. We love keeping it small, boutique and intimate. This allows us to give YOU lots of attention; It is what we do best.
“Authentic”, “Grounded”, “The Real Deal” “Friendly and Welcoming” : that is what some of our students say about Red Pearl.
Ground floor location. Non Heated. Doors are opened 15 minutes before class begins so we can get our space ready for you. Get more mat time by signing up in advance on the MINDBODY app. Pay on app too!
We believe in Yoga for Everyone.
In addition, to our single class and package pricing, we offer some $10 Cash Happy Hour classes M-F 4:30pm . We want yoga to be accessible in our changing financial situations. Check out our pricing page for Intro Offers and specials.
New to Yoga? Seasoned Yogi? Which Class for You?
We are a family of skilled and unique instructors who create a welcoming, nurturing Yoga experience for all. Our weekly schedule features a variety of classes for all levels. We invite modifications and challenges in all classes, therefore we do not have “class levels”. Our classes offer challenge in the way of pace and/or intensity. So for you Beginners or those working with injuries or healing from surgeries, etc, we suggest our slower classes to start: Gentle and Yin. From there you can move to a faster paced Vinyasa or Ashtanga. All are welcome in all classes – Work as hard as you want or reel it in; The most advanced Yogis know when to chill out.
Please see our “Classes” page for descriptions of our classes.
We do not heat our classes.
The studio warms up fast -it’s FLORIDA! So you will get a good sweat. We do have some climate control and use it when necessary-but it won’t be cold-promise! It’s more about relieving some of that intense humidity from outside and filtering the air that you are breathing.
We love to support artists in our community. Stock up on locally made jewelry, snacks,ceramics, soaps, oils, and candles. We also sell quality yoga mats, blocks and other yoga accessories.
Workshops, Events and Trainings.
We are known for our workshops and special events: We have hosted Kino Mac Gregor, Marlysa Sullivan, Samantha Beers, Bryan Kest, Doug Swensen, Doug Keller, David Williams, Jordan Bloom, Ricky Tran, Mitchell Bleir, Tim Feldman, Joe Barnett to name a few. We offer special classes on health, wellness, art and more – Keto, Back Pain Relief, Intermittent Fasting, Yoga Nidra, Full Moon Cacao and Reiki, Meditation… Our Teacher trainings have fostered some of the best teachers in South Florida!
Our beautiful, welcoming space is also available to rent for private gatherings, and seminars, Art openings and more. Professional Photographers take note of our great location with natural light . We have a 18 foot marble-topped bar which makes our space ideal for catered dinners and parties. Please ask us for rates. We also use the space as a Gallery for artist openings.
What to know/bring(and parking)
- Bring a yoga mat, towel and water.
(We rent mats. We sell mats, mat towels and water)
- Wear breathable, flexible clothing. You want to be comfortable and able to move. Keep it somewhat form-fitting if you are comfortable with that so we can keep an eye on your alignment.
- Doors are locked until 15 minutes before class. We need time to get our space ready for you. Explore the garden and cafes.
- We accept cash and all credit cards. Please bring exact change for the $10 cash classes.
We have 10 dedicated spaces: 3 “Yoga Only” spots in front, on the left side, plus 7 additional “Yoga Only” reserved spaces on the back of the building.See signs on wall.
If all RPY reserved spots are full, there is unmarked additional parking behind the building.
You can also park along the grass on 13th avenue, on the west side of street Please mind all TOWING signs in the area. They mean business!
We are giving out awesome PARKING PERMITS to prevent unnecessary car towing.The restaurants next door are very busy on Weekends.There is a Parking Attendant but he may be busy directing others. If you decide to stay and eat after class, please move your car from our dedicated spaces if there is a class after yours.
Peel n stick parking permit on back right windshield or you can set it down on your dashboard.
We recommend that you only adhere to glass surfaces. Good for 2021 too.
We are available for private Yoga sessions: Individual or Group. Sessions can be at our studio or in your environment. We also teach corporate/office Yoga. Doesn’t everyone want happier employees? Tell us what you need. Rates vary. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org