Policies & Procedures- updated 3/27/21
We have taken steps to protect our community during this pandemic, and in addition, there are steps that each of you can do to take charge of your own health and wellness inside our studio. We look forward to continuing to provide a safer and healthier yoga environment to our beloved yoga community. Yoga is a wonderful way to stay healthy. We hope that you will continue your yoga practice with us, keeping our yoga community thriving and strong.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, or loss of taste/smell, please stay home and get tested. If you are awaiting covid test result, please stay home until you have a negative report or wait 10 days from symptoms onset. No symptoms? Please wait for the negative test. Thanks for keeping each other safer!
2. FACE COVERINGS: All Classes “MASK OPTIONAL” as of 3/29/21. Your choice- on or off once the practice begins, but ON at all other times- when you leave your mat and yes, even when talking from mat before or after class.
3. SANITIZATION: We provide hand sanitizer at the front desk and in lobby bathroom and all about the studio. Wash your hands or sanitize before and after class. The kitchen area is off limits but bathroom is open and upgraded to touchless soap/dry.
4. BELONGINGS & PROPS: Please bring as few as possible personal belongings with you. You can wear shoes into studio but follow the floor markers. Place shoes in metal cabinet to left of desk- soles up or together. All community props are off limits until further notice. Students must bring their own props/mats with them.
We have new Manduka mats/ props for sale.
5.PRE–REGISTRATION: Everyone MUST pre register/pay for class via MindBody prior to arriving at the studio. All Payments are processed online thru their secure portal. This is to protect you all, as well as the staff when checking people in. Space is limited . NO WALK INS. We appreciate 75 min in advance sign up if you can.
6. SIZE OF CLASSES:
NO WALK INS. We have limited spaces available so that we can space everyone at 10ft head to head. If you register for the class and then cannot attend, please go back into MindBody and cancel at least 4 hours before class. Any no shows or last minute cancellations will be charged a $15 fee , charged for the class, or the class removed from your package. No refunds or credits. Unlimited packages will have a day removed if we are unable to charge the $15 to your cc
7. CLEANING: We are cleaning and sanitizing cubbies, countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas daily. We have made more time between classes for any needed cleanings. Please sanitize or wash your hands before and after class and before/ after using the restroom.
8. MAT PLACEMENT: Our floor is marked to ensure best mat placement. Please keep your mat within the taped lines. 🙂 We follow 10ft head to head. (this is above and beyond the 6′ currently recommended by CDC and local government)
9. CLASS PROTOCOLS: Be mindful and practice Safe Physical Distancing. Keep talking to a minimum and respect others’ space. Before you enter lobby, have mask on and if there is a line to go in, please wait on blue tape markers on floor(6 ft apart) until it is your turn at the desk sign in . Once inside wooden doors, remove shoes and place in cabinet to the left of desk. As usual print your name on paper sign in sheet- We clean pens and tablet after each use. Temperature taken at check in.
10. BATHROOMS: If possible use bathroom at your home/ work before you come to the studio. Bathroom is open and maintained but use at your own risk and help us in making this space as touch-free and safe as possible.
11. LOST/LEFT BEHIND ARTICLES: Not responsible for any personal items left behind at the studio. They will be disposed of within a week.
12. REFUND POLICY: All package and merchandise sales final.
13. LIABILITY WAIVER: All first time students must sign electronically the NEW LIABILITY WAIVER POLICY via MindBody Software or in studio. Established students please sign a COVID paper addendum at desk.
14. PARKING: Get a parking decal from us. We have 3 marked spots in front left “YOGA ONLY” and 7 in back- also marked for yoga. Or park in any other spot in back lot, but do not park in CHIROPRACTOR ONLY spaces in front right. Additional street side parking in the grass along 13th ave. OR just caddy-corner to us, at the Holy Mackerel Brewing Plaza.
Directions to Holy Mackerel lot: Drive back out toward 26th ave, make a right heading east, make a quick right into parking lot. Park in any spot closest to street (away from businesses) and have our parking decal visible. Just a short walk back over to us and you can leave your car there to go to the restaurants after class. Remember== if you plan to enjoy the property/restaurants after class, please move your car from our spots so the next Yoga students can enjoy the easy parking you did. And support our kind neighbor Holy Mackerel with your business. Great beer and BBQ!
We look forward to seeing you!
In health, love & light,
Karen and the Red Pearl Family
What else to expect and how to sign up for class
Modified schedule. Please check MB schedule for updated daily schedule. The studio floor is measured and marked for 10ft distance head to head. We have spaced some classes further apart to allow time for cleaning and sanitizing in between, along with less passing of other members between classes.
We are NOT accepting any walk-ins at this time and ALL students are required to sign-up on MindBody ahead of time. If you do not show up for your registered class you will be charged the class/ a $15 late cancellation fee/or a day subtracted(unlimited pkgs) . No refunds/credits. You have up to 4 hours before a class to cancel without penalty on MB. Space is limited so please cancel if you can’t attend so your spot can go to another student.
NOTE: MB Registration extends one week ahead for each class. If it says “call” instead of “book”, that is why. Wait a day or two for registration to open. If a class shows as full, then please choose another day or time. NO WALK-INS.
If you are having challenges signing up, please email me email@example.com
or leave a voicemail at 954 828 1651 and I will get back to you and do my best to assist!
We can’t wait to see you!
In Gratitude and Excitement,
Karen and the Red Pearl Yoga Studio Family
General Studio Information-See Covid Policies/Procedures at top for most up to date info
20 Years and Still Breathing.
We begin in 2001, in a tiny 2nd floor space in Victoria Park. Karen G was the only teacher offering Ashtanga Vinyasa that was accessible to all(if you could make it up the stairs) . One year later, we moved literally across the street, to another 2nd floor space expanding in 2009 to the entire top floor. 2017 we moved to Flagler Village and started the HIVE. In November of 2019 we got lucky to be invited into in a unique, tranquil garden setting in Wilton Manors . We love keeping it small, boutique and intimate. This allow us to give YOU lots of attention. It is what we do best.
“Authentic”, “Grounded”, “The Real Deal” “Friendly and Welcoming” : that is what some of our students say about Red Pearl.
Ground floor location. Non Heated. Doors are opened 15 minutes before class begins so we can get our space ready for you. Get more mat time by signing up in advance on the MINDBODY app. Pay on app or when you arrive.
Since 2001, we have offered daily grounded and diverse yoga classes in east Fort Lauderdale. We began as an Ashtanga studio, and soon evolved to offer many styles to more of the population. Our teachers are some of the best in South Florida.
Vets and Active Military and their Families, come to our free weekly class with Connected Warrior. Thursdays 3pm.
We offer workshops, seminars, and special events too. Email us about private instruction(group or individual)
We believe in Yoga for Everyone.
Just come by! No need to sign up ahead(but you can on MindBody app if you want to-and also pay)
In addition, to our regular class drop in and package pricing, we offer some $10 Cash Happy Hour classes M-F 4:30pm and Wednesdays 1pm. Discounted per class rates to Active Yoga Teachers, Military, Law Enforcement, Public School Teachers-we want to thank those who serve our community and to ensure that yoga stays accessible in our changing financial situations.
New to Yoga? Seasoned Yogi? Which Class for You?
We are a family of skilled and unique instructors and Desk Divas, who create a welcoming, nurturing Yoga experience for all. Our weekly schedule features a variety of classes for all levels. We offer modifications and challenges in all classes, therefore we do not have “class levels”. Our classes offer challenge in the way of pace and/or intensity. So for you Beginner or those working with injuries or healing from surgeries, etc, we suggest our slower classes: Gentle, Yin, Restorative.. In all classes all are welcome: Work as hard as you want or reel it in; The most advanced Yogis know when to chill out.
Please see our “Classes” page for descriptions of our classes.
We do not heat our classes.
The studio warms up fast -it’s FLORIDA! So you will get a good sweat. We do have some climate control and use it when necessary-but it won’t be cold-promise! It’s more about relieving some of that intense humidity from outside and filtering the air that you are breathing.
We offer finds from artists in our community. Stock up on locally made jewelry, ceramics, aromatic oils and candles. We also sell quality yoga mats, sweat absorbing mat/hand towels and functional and stylish yogawear , t shirts and accessories by local designers.
Workshops, Events and Trainings.
We are known for our workshops and special events: We have hosted Kino Mac Gregor, Marlysa Sullivan, Bryan Kest, Doug Swensen, Doug Keller, David Williams, Jordan Bloom, Ricky Tran, Mitchell Bleir, Tim Feldman, Joe Barnett to name a few. We offer special classes on health, wellness, art and more – Keto, Intermittent Fasting, Yoga Nidra, Full Moon Cacao and Reiki, Meditation… Our Teacher trainings have fostered some of the best teachers in South Florida!
Our beautiful, welcoming space is also available to rent for privately-organized gatherings, and workshops, Art openings and more. Professional Photographers take note of our great location with natural light . We have a 18 foot marble-topped bar which makes our space ideal for catered dinners and parties. Please ask us for rates. We also use the space as a Gallery for artist openings.
What to know/bring(and parking)
- Bring a yoga mat, towel and water.
(We rent mats. We sell mats, mat towels and water)
- Wear breathable, flexible clothing. You want to be comfortable and able to move. Keep it somewhat form-fitting if you are comfortable with that so we can keep an eye on your alignment.
- Doors are locked until 15 minutes before class. We need time to get our space ready for you. Explore the garden and cafes.
- We accept cash and all credit cards. Please bring exact change for the $10 cash classes.
There are 7 additional “Yoga Only” reserved spaces on the back of the building.See signs on wall.
If all RPY reserved spots are full, there is unmarked parking behind the building.
You can also park along the grass on 13th avenue, on the west side of street Please mind all TOWING signs in the area. They mean business!
We are giving out awesome PARKING PERMITS to prevent unnecessary car towing.The restaurants next door are very busy on Weekends.There is a Parking Attendant but he may be busy directing others. If you decide to stay and eat after class, please move your car if there is a class after yours.
Peel n stick parking permit on back right windshield or you can set it down on your dashboard.
We recommend that you only adhere to glass surfaces. Good for 2021 too.
We are available for private Yoga sessions: Individual or Group. Sessions can be at our studio or in your environment. We also teach corporate/office Yoga. Doesn’t everyone want happier employees? Tell us what you need. Rates vary. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org